Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

So Many Dads, So Little Time

Yussi, I'm a little bit embarrassed for not actually posting this on Father's Day, but what's a gal to do? I took full advantage of the weekend by abstaining from the blogging world and I'm darn proud of it, okay? Okay not really but come on.

Anyway.

Yesterday was Father's Day right and well the term "father" has always been a fun term in my life (by fun I mean complicated)

Let me start at the beginning, as most aspiring writers would...

I was born in 1991 to the parents Jenefer and Tino Lozzi and I was their second child after having a beeeg brother, Gianni Lozzi. We were your average Italian family, you know, eating pasta and drinking wine, over using profanities and wearing more than your acceptable amount of gold jewelry. Unfortunately things did turn sour and my momee and dadee got a divorce. I was like 4 or something so what did I know or care? I still had two totally awesome parents.

Well my momee met another man, Neil Murray (an Englishman) and I took very well to him. In fact I moved in with him and my momee and we were just the best of friends. My brother was a typical testosterone driven boy who tried to rebel against everything and there was always tension between him and my lovely step dadee. But what did I care? I now had three awesome parents.

And then around the age of 6, something weird happened. A friend of my momee and step dadee showed up and they had a little sit down with me. They explained that this man was in fact my REAL dadee.

WHAT??

THREE AWESOME DADS?! - That was basically my reaction (you can tell I was a simple child, right?)

Well just like any simple child, I grew up.

I kind of lost contact with my Italian dadee and although I still lived with my momee and step dadee, I now visited real dadee every second weekend :)

*Real dadee came with step momee (who I love like a real momee) - just so you know

Anyway at the end of it, I went from having three dads who I thought were the tits, to being very disappointed and ending up with only one. The REAL one.

His name is Keith Malcolm Le Roux and he is my dad. He missed all my vital baby years and I think that kind of affected our relationship in the long run. We're also very alike and we kind of always bumped heads. I moved in with him and my step momee for most of high school and I think living under the same roof just intensified our disagreements.

But now that I'm out of the house my relationship with my dad is amazing. We are more tolerable of each other and we get along great. When I visit we exchange music and bond over lovely hubbly sesh and there is usually more laughter than shouting. I respect my dad more than any other person. He was a naughty shit when he was younger, being expelled from school and even being kicked out of countries but I think that's why he was always so hard on me, he didn't want me making his mistakes.

But through everything he put me through a top private school, bought me a car and cooked dinner for his family every night. and it was awesome food!

So I'd like to say that I love you, dad. Thank you for everything you've done for me. I can't wait to see you in July for your birthday. I really miss you and I'm proud to say that you're my dadee :D

Just me and my babes at a dress-up

Just some random facts about my dadee
  • He has the LOUDEST laugh imaginable 
  • Every time before going out he will, without fail, say "Yus but your dad is a babe hey?"
  • He likes hubbly more than I do
  • He used to be a paper delivery boy (I think that is so cute)
  • He makes the best potjie. Mmmmm
  • He teases me about everything
  • When I came out as being gay his response was "don't worry, I'm a lesbian too"
  • He is now a game ranger and likes to be referred to as Ranger Bob (he usually breaks out in hysterical laughter whenever he calls himself this)
  • He once wrestled an Eland to protect me (keep in mind that this animal is about three times the size of my dad)
  • He still finds pillow fights fun
  • He finds it absolutely amusing to pick up bugs and put them on me
  • When I was little he made me leave out a beer for Santa saying that "Santa will be sick of getting so much milk" and I believed him.
  • The only picture I have ever seen of him and my mom together is of them dressed as transvestites for a Rocky Horror party
  • He cried on my last day of school
  • Every time I do or say something intellectual he will point out how intellectual I am and then add "I wonder who you got that from" followed by a smug look on his face.
  • He bought us matching knives because he thought it was cool 
  • He has the entire Terry Pratchett collection
And that's my dad<3

No comments:

Post a Comment