Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lost

There is just something so real about how it feels when it hits you. You want to just get lost in it. Each beat, each vibration, each penetrating  pitch just shoots right through you. I know that if I stayed a while longer, I would be completely hooked. Addicted.

There is those days when you feel so unmoved by everything and although you don’t feel any desire to change it, that’s when you need to the most. You have to set yourself free and let go. Those are the days when I find myself craving it the most. And I tell myself, “If I can get up and just find a way there, everything will be okay.”
So without even realizing how I got there, I find myself in a sea of moving bodies. Everybody with the same intention as me. I can feel it in my cheeks and I always thought about the arb-ness of that; that the bass always starts around my head and then only makes its way to my chest, almost as if asking permission to enter my body.
Whatever its intentions, I oblige willingly. I want it to do with me what it wants. It now owns my body. For this moment, I am no one.

There is no controlling what happens after that. I move with no recollection of how or why, I just am. When I get the chance to open my eyes I see everyone else just as lost as me, no one is in pain, they’re all high, but not on some cheap narcotic, they’re high on the hypnosis the DJ has them under.
There’s a small spark of thought in the back of my mind, but even though my feet want to stop, I just can’t allow them, it’s not my choice to make. So I carry on moving. By now, there’s nothing in this room or even in the world that can touch me and I find myself in a web of lust and love. Yes, I have fallen in love with this sound, I have fallen in love with Dubstep and I know now that I can never take it back.

After it’s over and I reclaim my body, I walk away lighter, cleansed and hopeful that I will do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment