Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Girls and a love for Girls

You have obviously picked up that I am not straight. I say "not straight" instead of saying "I'm gay" because lately I feel as there's a certain stereotype that clings to the term "gay" and it's a stereotype that I don't feel I fit. When I say "lesbian" the common characteristics are:

  • Likes sports
  • Drinks beer
  • Loves sushi
  • Is either vegan or vegetarian
  • Prefers the more manly looking clothes
  • Short nails, Short hair, minimal (if any) make up
(that is just a generalisation, do not take it to heart)


And the reason why I feel like I break the mold is because I find myself (especially since I've become more independent) being more girly.
  • For one, I'm growing my hurrs. I just crave long mermaid hurrs. haha I said "hurrs"
  • The other day I cut my nails and I honestly found myself sadder than usual to say goodbye to my pretty long nails, so much so that I can't wait to get them that length again.
  • I love my make up. I couldn't possibly go out without at least some effort in the facial area.
  • I can't bring myself to wear a t-shirt. I almost cringe at the manly-ness of them (okay that's a bit extreme but I have a point to make)
  • I in no way enjoy watching sports while drinking beer. I actually don't drink beer full stop. I won't even drink ciders and I find a girl with a beer in her hand to be very unattractive.
  • I like meat. mostly chicken and tuna. mmm chicken.
  • And I refuse to eat sushi (unless I fall in love with a girl who just happens to be allergic to everything but sushi)
I just think there's something so beautiful about two girls being in love. Everything is intensified. Happiness, jealousy, romance, just the raw emotions. You can share a lifetime of feelings within a few months and I find it hard to not see the beauty in that (now I just sound love drunk on her humps) but really. I know I'm definitely biased about this, but I find few things more beautiful than a woman's body. A body that inspires art and artist day after day after months and years and even decades. Although I'm not straight and it isn't the easiest road to be on, I count all my blessing to be able to experience this form of art. To get inside a girl's heart, is poetry and I'm grateful that I get to be the poet<3









No comments:

Post a Comment