Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Moving On

*I apologise if any of my previous posts have put a downer on your mood.

Moving on

This past weekend (despite my personal termoil) proved to somewhat very exciting.

On Saturday, I was asked to be in a music video for my friend's band, The Cavalier. Oh boy was this just about the most daring thing i've done in terms of my body...haha... Let me set the scene for you.

So the whole concept was about a nerdy school boy, who orders XXX-Ray glasses and then proceeds to wear them at school. This is where I came in.

So at about 7am, myself and six other girls are standing on an open field, all nervously mumbling about what was about to take place. We are told that the first scene is going to be us, dressed in tracksuits and warming up for cheerleading practise. This was a relief considering it was almost freezing and we hadn't had enough Jagermeister yet.

Scene1: Okay so we are basically a cheerleading team, right out of Not Another Teen Movie/Bring It On, with dumb blondes, Cheer-captains, girls who only joined because there wasn't a gymnast team and the I-don't-really-give-a-fuck girl who would rather be sitting at a strip club.

And so we cheered (not very well, or in synch for that matter) but we did so regardless. After a few takes, we were told to get eady for the next scene.... This is where things got heavy.

Scene2 : We were now told to strip down to our lingerie. Yes. Lingerie. And if you know me, you'll know that not even my own mother has seen my in just my underwear. When it comes to my body, I've always been a bit more on the conservative type.

So we do as we're told and get into our lingerie and stripper heels and stand basically naked, in freezing weather, trying to look sexy for the camera. You could literally hear the sighs when the director shouts "thats a cut" and we run to our tracksuits for comfort.

Scene3 : This was your typical school day scene. School uniforms, Schoolbags, talking in the corridor and of course, trying to hide our lip rings and tattoos. We were told to act as if we're average schoolgirls, making our way to class and talking to our friends. This was done with a few swigs of Jagermeister here and there, just to warm us up for what was to come....

Scene4 : Instead of average schoolgirls walking to class, we were now scantily clad, sex objects, walking towards the camera in slow motion, biting our lip, playing with our hair and all at the same time- trying not to trip over our high heels. By now, I was almost fully used to the idea of being in my lingerie, because I realised that every other girl, was just as insecure about her body and so we took this opportunity to get more comfortable with each other and our naked-ness. This worked well for the scene that was about to come.

Scene5 : PILLOW FIGHT! Thats right, every man's fantasy - lingerie baring girls, jumping around, hitting each other with pillows, fans blowing, feathers flying everywhere and us having the best time imaginable.

It wasn't long until we completely forgot about the cameras and just started having fun, the way we did when we were all still little girls. The scene ended with feathers stuck in our hair, sore stomachs from laughing so hard and just in time for lunch.

Scene6 : We weren't at all surprised to hear that this scene was also to be done in our lingerie, but we didn't even care, we were having the time of our lives. This was the library scene where we all got to do a sexy pose in our own aisle, the first time we weren't all together, but the laughs could still be heard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day ended with us not wanting to put clothes back on, we had gotten so comfortable in our own bodies that we were getting dressed in the parking-lot, in front of each other. I just want to thank you girls for making it one of the most exciting days i've ever had!

Max: You have the filthiest, straight forward mouth, but you made everything so much funnier. You and Gaby are totally undercover lesbians:P haha and I must say, you lesbian comments just made my life!

Bianca: I'm NOT your babe:P eventhough you were feeling rough from the night before, you brought your game face (even if it ws as a dumb blonde) and I guess we showed that blondes do have more fun:)

Caity: Possibly thee smallest girl i've ever seen (and the palest), you just made everything so cute, even in your granny panties haha

Jay: The Megan Fox look-a-like who stole the show:P I was kind of scared to speak to you when I first saw you, but then when we were put together for the one scene and we started talking, I realised you are so down to earth and taught me a lot about Venus and the trouble its causing.
P.S- I'm sorry about you and your boyfriend.

Gaby: Princess what can I even say about you? I don't think I could have done it without you, you're always there to support me and make me feel better about myself and I truly LOVE you<3 Friends forever? k I love you byeBYE.



SUNDAY was my cousin's cd launch and I had the honour of dressing her. It was all so exciting being around the press and getting to say she's my cousin. I really think she's going to go far, she's extremely talented and has a beautiful soul and I'm so proud of her!

P.S- sorry for crying:*

I also have to thank Kelly Grobler, who I spent every night of the weekend at, including Thursday and for her being the best host ever!!! Dude I'm so excited for PRIDE:D and I can't wait to do our float!

Overall, this weekend taught me so much about myself and I think I'm learning to appreciate the small things in life<3

No comments:

Post a Comment