Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Believe

Another weekend. Another blog.


I am proud to say I finally put an end to my granny-like-attitude, and decided to shake off the cobwebs and go out. And what a great weekend it turned out to be

On Friday, instead of brushing off any possibility to have fun, I decided to subdue to my friend’s wishes and attended The Stella’s gig in Rosebank. I think its easy to say that evening started off on a very awkward note, but after realising that life is too short to hold grudges, it took a turn for the better. Overall the night was full of laughs, pretty pictures, even prettier friends, crowded spaces and big dance moves and to top it all off, rekindled friendships<3

Saturday and Sunday, were spent volunteering at the Italian Club’s Festival Italiano and all I can say is that Italians know how to PARTY! I met some amazing people and had so much fun, stealing security jerseys with Chanel (AKA Channel) and going to every car and asking the people if she can strip search them, blowing up “banana” shaped balloons with Dom and totally hanging out with one of the Locnville brothers (AKA-Dino, who just happens to be a locnville look-a-like) and screaming “oh my gosh, its LOCNVILLE” every time he walked past, just to see the girls get all excited (and to see him blush). Having boys (I say boys because men really don’t exist) hound me about being a lesbian, and I realised this is a reflection on how insecure they are, not a reflection on what I am. And I am, of course, proud to be gay and take comments such as “you’re too pretty to be a lesbian” as a compliment. Even better, I get to walk away with a smile on my face, knowing that I am no longer affected by close-minded people and then spending the rest of the night, dancing on the stage with so many people I now consider friends and not leaving until we physically couldn’t possible dance anymore.

And just like in the fairytales, my weekend ended, laying on the grass, watching fireworks, and not helping, but to just smile.

Asbo: I never stopped loving you. Ever<3

Candance: here’s to hoping we share a life-long friendship, the second time around. IP<3

Cleo: thanks for every memory we have and for every time you made me smile. Even through all the sad times, the tears, the distance, you’ll always be my best friend<3 smts forever<3

And to the rest of my friends, I couldn’t be luckier to know such amazingly beautiful, caring and protective girls, like you. Vamps forever? Deal<3

• You may not always get what you want, but that doesn’t mean you should ever stop believing<3

No comments:

Post a Comment