Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Torch of Q&A

Cayla, my dear Cayla, passed on the torch of question to me and I shall answer them at the best of my ability. Take a look at her answers at Layer Cake

 "I have decided to post a few questions about me and answer them in order for anyone who reads my blog to get to know me a little bit more, if they don't already. I am then going to pass this onto a fellow blogger to answer and they can then pass it on too, its a great way to get to know the people of my little "blog world". Here we go..."

Where did the title of your blog come from or what inspired it?

Under My Skin - was just how I saw things. This is a blog that allows people to see who I am behind my appearance (under my skin) and to get to know me. The real me I guess.

Are you more of an extrovert or an introvert?

I'm pretty much an extrovert in any situation. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad but most the time it's just silliness:)

What makes you really sad?

Missing someone / People that can't forgive / People thinking they're better than animals / Movies about love / When I run out of tea / When I don't have feelings for someone who has them for me / Music / Children's books / When my clothes get stolen / Saying goodbye / When you wait for that reply and it never comes. Sigh.

What makes you really happy?

Music / Oreo McFlurries with extra oreo in the middle of the night / When someone randomly thinks of me / Dancing / Rain / Poetry - Pablo Neruda / Going on pretend dates with boys / Writing / My baby (doggy) back home / When I walk down Long Street and feel the energy of everyone around me / Going to Rcaffe to eat the best sandwich in the world and sitting in the window to people watch / Phone calls that never end / Watching series with Sarah / Cheesy puffs (the ones you bake) / Brushing my teeth / When someone gives you something that came from their heart / Someone giving me their heart.

Favorite book you have ever read?

No book has ever made me happy and sad and in love all at the same time, the way that Looking for Alaska did.

Where did you grow up?

I grew up in the town of Edenvale in Johannesburg where my whole family still currently lives. I am the first child from the family to leave that town.

What is your favorite event from your adulthood so far?

Being in love and moving to Cape Town<3

What is your favorite event from your childhood?

When my whole family, including my 9 cousins, 5 aunts and uncles, parents and grandparents used to have game days. just spending the whole day having one-legged races in the garden, doing handstands, dancing and singing. 

Just  random memories - my mommy used to make me warm cornflakes with the sugar on top. She knew exactly how I liked it.
When she was making supper that included rice she would always give me a small bowl of rice before everything was ready, with a bit of butter melted into it. It made me feel special.
When my brother got mumps he gave it to me too and I remember my mom sitting on her bed with my head on her one leg and my brother's on the other. We were both crying in agony and she just sat there all day, stroking our heads and wiping away our tears. 

I guess my mom holds a very special place in my heart. I could never live without her.

What is your motto in life?

I don't really have a motto. I guess I just try act as silly as possible and say things when they shouldn't be said. I'd hate to die being the girl who took things too seriously or who had too many secrets.

What kind of people do you get along with?

I like people who don't try too hard. People who don't take me seriously because they'd be extremely offended otherwise. People who I could possibly fall in love with, because if you could love them, you sure as hell can like them=)

What are you best at?

I think I'm best at falling in love. I fall in love with people and things too easily. But I don't think in a bad way, I think that finding something in someone to love, makes you a braver person. I also forgive very easily, I'm great at that. If someone needs me, I'll be there.

Who do you respect the most?

People who can forgive and my parents.

Would you like to be famous?

Not famous, just known. I'd like to be known for doing something I love and being good at it.

What kind of man/woman would you like to marry?

Someone who can laugh as much as I do. Someone who I can be a child with. Someone who can find beauty in anything. Someone who wants to ask me questions just to hear the sound of my voice. Someone who wants to share themselves. Someone who wants to go driving around in the middle of the night to hold my hand. Someone who will dance with me in the rain. Someone who loves my family and friends as much as I do. Someone who isn't scared of "forever" <3

What cartoon character best fits you?

Mickey Mouse because he was nothing without his friends, he wasn't afraid of loving Minnie, he liked adventures and helping out when problems arose, he had fun every moment he could, he was topless (tee hee) and he was a cartoon whereas i dream of being one.

If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?

France because I would die of happiness waking up every morning to that accent.

If you could try anything and could not fail, what dream would you attempt?

To be a singer for an Indie band (don't laugh)

What superpower would you want and why?

"To read minds and to teleport" - going with Cayla on this one, but also the power to turn sadness into happiness. I hate seeing people sad.

Are you a beach, country, or city girl?

I'm a Cape Town girl because it has a bit of everything - beach, mountains, city and a bit of country.



I'll now pass these questions over to my friend Gemma at eMOTIVE
She's new to the blogging world so show her some support!
Thank you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment