Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Life's Little Quirks

I just had the weirdest/cutest moment. While walking along the main road, on my way home I was approached by a homeless man. I was startled because I didn't see him coming and after asking me how I was he proceeded with "I'm really sorry to do this to you" - immediately I started to panic, I was expecting the worst and thought he was going to mug me of my phone or roller bag I was dragging behind me.

Instead, he asked if I had any coins to give him. I reached into my wallet and after pulling out only a few cents I had this overwhelming sensation to give him something more. So I asked him to walk across the road with me so I could draw some money for him. I could only afford to give him R50 but still he was so grateful and he decided to walk me home.

On our walk he explained his feelings of climatic changes and how Cape Town can experience three seasons in just one day. We were joking and I got to see a completely different side to what I had expected. He was so warm. When we finally arrived outside of my flat I shook his hand and wished him luck and his reply really surprised me.

"It's not for me to thank you. I believe there is a higher power that will thank you for me, in the form of a miracle"

I am now going to bed with a warm heart<3

Don't give up on society altogether, you never know when you'll get your next surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment