Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"It's a sick world out there, darling."

I've become so fascinated by serial killers (relax children, it's not in a weird psycho way)
For creative writing, we're learning how to master the Crime novel and in order to do so, I've been researching some pretty hectic crime cases, which further intrigued me into researching the most potent serial killers out there.


America takes the ranks with the most notable serial killers up to date, with England following closely behind. The difference between these two is that the American usually opted for the more violent means while the English preferred methods of poisoning instead.


Some cases have left me a bit light-headed from the graphic detail, such as the Albert Fish case (which should not be read if you have a sensitive stomach)

Another case I found interesting dates back centuries ago about Countess Elizabeth Bathory de Ecsed who apparently killed over 600 virgin girls and bathed in their blood to keep her youth (but that is just one of the theories)


What struck me the most is that most of these people look completely normal and even had charming personalities (used to lure in victims) and that not all of them came from a harsh background. I also found it interesting to see who committed suicide after being convicted and who lived out their sentences.

Like I said, if you don't have a weak stomach, it's worth taking a look at. It's really interesting in terms of seeing the killer psyche and gives a bit of relief knowing these crazies are locked up or deceased.

Wikipedia does a list of the most notable killers, arranged in countries: Serial Killers By Country




I promise my next post will be light hearted<3

No comments:

Post a Comment