Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Life We'd Like to Lead - In the Kruger

So many people love the idea of leaving the hustle and bustle of the big city, leaving everything they know behind. But like most big decisions, something like that would take balls and I'm not talking about your average human-sized balls, I'm talking about the kind that would get the whole neighbourhood talking and that's just what my parents did. After working themselves into a craze and having to deal with guns being pointed in their faces, they decided that there was more for them than that.

Being the out-doorzie people they are, the most appealing option was moving everything to the Kruger and building their own lodge. My dad (who now goes by the name of Ranger Bob besides having nothing to do with his actual name) is now taking people on game walks and drives and livin' his gangsta life shooting monkies, while my stepmom has taken up the lovely art of baking. I'm not complaining.

Being a city gal, I'm used to the bright lights and music of traffic day in and day out and although I hardly ever get to go to exotic destinations, I find great comfort in knowing that my home away from home is a little piece of wildlife heaven.

The lodge, which has been named Raptor Retreat, is still being built but here's a taste of what the house and that look like:



The logo

One of the many rooms. That thing in the corner is a shower.

My parent's room. You can't see it but just to the right is their walk-in closet.

Yes. This is a bath. IN THE WINDOW. So while you're relaxing in some bubbles, feel free to watch any passing by wild animals.
Sorry about the poor lightingbut thisthe lounge.

The patio where we just laze away and check out some bitchin' animals.

Another view of our patio. That thing on the right is a swing chair. sigh. My favourite.

The boma where we make fires and braai and smoke hubbly.

The little pool area that looks WAY better in summer.

Outside view of the house:)



This is Missy the tame impala. She's too cute to live. Her favourite activities include licking my leg, head butting people and chewing on cushions. What a babe.


My little piece of heaven<3

No comments:

Post a Comment