Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dark

I'm sitting in the dark.

The kind of darkness where you aren't sure if your eyes are open or closed. But I already know that I'm not alone. I can feel your closeness but I'm not afraid of you. Instead, my hands yearn for you like you're the buoy that will save me from this lithium.

And there it is, the awakening of skin on skin and I'm keeping myself from melting around you.

We don't say anything but the darkness is shifted by your smile and somehow I'm home. Here in the nothingness, I've been born for the first time under your fingertips.

But we're joined by someone else and although I'm clutching at you, you're pulled away. I've lost you before I got to the chance to have you.

The lights come on and there's no one there.

No comments:

Post a Comment