Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just Like Heaven

I keep seeing this girl in my dreams. Every night I dream of her, without fail. Every night I get caught up in her. Every night I have to re-live those emotions. And because I dream of her every night, I wake up and think of her all day. She won't give me peace of mind and yet I don't know if I want her to go either. Now every song I listen to reminds me of her, everything I do leads back to her. She's become so much a part of my life and she's not even in it... This song in particular has been drumming through my head today when I catch myself thinking of her:

Just Like Heaven
By The Cure

***

"Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick
The one that makes me scream" she said
"The one that makes me laugh" she said
And threw her arms around my neck
"Show me how you do it
And I promise you I promise that
I'll run away with you
I'll run away with you"

Spinning on that dizzy edge
I kissed her face I kissed her neck
And dreamed of all the different ways I had
To make her glow
"Why are you so far away?" she said
"Oh, won't you ever know that I'm in love with you
That I'm in love with you"

You
Soft and only
You
Lost and lonely
You
Strange as angels
Dancing in the deepest oceans
Twisting in the water
You're just like a dream

Daylight licked me into shape
I must have been asleep for days
And moving lips to breathe her name
I opened up my eyes
And found myself alone alone
Alone above a raging sea
That stole the only girl I loved
And drowned her deep inside of me

You
Soft and only
You
Lost and lonely
You
Just like heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment