Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Loyalty to Florence

When I found out that my favourite artist was releasing a new album I did a lot of things, most which cannot be explain, things like moonwalking, phantom wrestling and spit-bubble blowing. I guess my body reacted in an unprecedented manner partly because never have I anticipated an album quite like this before.

For the first time ever (which I'm ashamed to admit) I made a deal with myself and with Florence Welch that i would have my first listen to her album when i could physically hold, touch, lick the actual CD.

As it lay on my lap, shiny with the unbroken, plastic covering, I reached my hand up, bent it back and pat myself on the back. I had made it through all the "I can put it on a disc for you," "Just download it," "It's incredible, just give it a little listen" and for that I think the back pat is well in reason.

I have yet to listen to every song, taking my time to go through each one and appreciate it for what it is: a masterpiece. But I can tell that this is not the last time I'm going to write about it, or talk about it, or even blatantly admire it. Oh no. This journey is about to begin and I feel like I'm holding the golden ticket.


Here it is in its two disc glory:D

No comments:

Post a Comment